Allied professionals at SA Heart - news release
Comprehensive programme for allied professionals at SA Heart Congress 2014
The 2014 SA Heart Congress includes an intensive and comprehensive programme for allied professionals.
Two pre-congress workshops of interest to allied professionals will be held on Thursday, 16th October. This will be followed by dedicated tracks for allied professionals running from 13h30 – 17h00 on both Friday 17th and Saturday 18th October.
Allied professionals will also have the opportunity of attending the general plenary sessions being held at the congress on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings
On Thursday 16th October a joint pre-congress workshop on State of the Art Imaging will be conducted by members of both the prestigious Mayo Clinic and SA Heart. An alternative workshop on Peri-operative and Peri-interventional Transoesophageal Echocardiograhy (TOE) will be held simultaneously.
Key topics covered in the track designated specifically for allied professionals on Friday, October 17th include the following:
• ECG interpretation in STEMI and NSTEMI
• AMI experience in thrombolysis and PPCI in both public and private settings
• Non-atherosclerotic causes of AMI
• The current role of GPllbllla
• Syntax score
• An update on the STEMI Early Reperfusion Project
The following topics will be addressed in the allied professionals’ track on Saturday 18th October:
• Challenges facing emergency medical services
• The presentation, discussion and review of three case studies
• Arrhythmias and pacing in an AMI setting
• The role of thrombectomy and PPCI
• Bleeding complications following AMI
• How IVUS/FFR/OCT can improve patient outcomes
SA Heart Congress is being held this year at the International Convention Centre in Durban. For full programme details, and to register for SA Heart Congress and the two pre-congress workshops, visit www.saheart.org/congress2014. For queries, contact Europa Organisation Africa on (011) 325 0020, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
News release issued for SA Heart Congress and Europa Organisation Africa by Linda Trump of Cat Communications, Tel: (011) 485 2406, Cell: 082 341 7128.